How do you pronounce your last name?
- My last name is pronounced ‘Burns.’ Thanks for asking!
How can I contact you?
- Email is the best way to reach me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you tell me about your educational background?
- I graduated from St. Alphonsus High School, earned my Bachelor of Arts degree from UM-Dearborn and my Master of Science in Education degree from The City University of New York-Brooklyn College.
- In 2015, I was selected as a Fellow for the Michigan Political Leadership Program via Michigan State University. The program brings together twenty four people from across the state and from various political backgrounds to engage in dialogue and learn about the issues facing our state.
I see you’re Chair of the City Beautiful Commission. Are you involved with any other groups?
- I am a member of Dearborn’s Downtown Promotions Committee, the League of Women Voters, the CASL Alumni Affiliate and Women’s & Gender Studies Advisory Board at UM-Dearborn.
What are your best childhood memories growing up in Dearborn?
- I have wonderful memories of playing at Argyle-Williamson Park and visiting the libraries with my family (I’m still an avid patron).
- In middle school, I was a Crystallette and ice skating at Adray Arena/The DISC was a huge part of my life.
- Getting cheese pies from Yasmeen after school and eating at Al-Ameer with my friends in high school was so much fun (and still is!).
- Visiting Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum on field trips brings back wonderful memories, and now that I’m a member, I go there often.